Unique Biogas Investment Opportunity
The promoters, Solar 21, have a wealth of experience delivering consistently high returns to investors since 2010. Their management team have extensive experience dealing with renewable energy projects which include solar parks and large biomass installations. It is important to note that across their portfolio of assets annual coupons have been paid to investors every year since inception. In 2015, Solar 21 made a strategic decision to diversify into bioenergy projects with the establishment of a subsidiary Biomass 21 to raise funds for the construction of a 22MW biomass plant near Hull, UK. This plant is energised and is exporting power since the end of March 2017 as scheduled.
The Key Features of the Biogas Investment included:
- 25% Gross Return: Rolled up and paid at end of term (up to 8.334% simple interest per annum)
- Short Term Commitment: Three Year Term, capital fully repaid at end of term
- Entry Level: Minimum initial subscription €20,000
- UK Government-Backed Revenue: Will qualify for non-domestic Renewable Heat Incentive ("RHI"). This is one of the measures the UK Government has put in place since 2002 to stimulate the growth of renewable energy technologies
- Construction and Performance Warranties: As EPC, BTS Biogas will provide a construction warranty and minimum production guarantees
- Asset-Backed Investment: Investment will be in the form of non-transferable loan notes issued by Biogas 21 Renewable Energy Ltd. Biogas 21 is a wholly owned subsidiary of Solar 21 and will fund the development of the plant via loans to Gascorp Plaxton. No other bank financing is being sought
- Suitable for investors that are seeking an Ethical Investment
- Attractive commission terms for Financial Brokers
- Independent Valuation issued by leading financial services firm EY
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact your Business Development Manager.
As always, we are dedicated and committed to helping Financial Brokers in becoming the most significant wealth management force for private and pension clients in Ireland. We will continue to do so by offering a range of innovative and diverse financial products to our Intermediaries.
Please note that the provision of this product or service does not require licensing, authorisation, or registration with the Central Bank and, as a result, it is not covered by the Central Bank's requirements designed to protect consumers or by a statutory compensation scheme.
Warning: This product may be affected by changes in currency exchange rates. The value of your investment may go down as well as up. If you invest in this product you may lose some or all of the money you invest. If you invest in this product you will not have access to your money for a minimum of 3 years. Investors should satisfy themselves independently of the taxation treatment of this product, in relation to Revenue reporting requirements and implications for nondisclosure in their own personal circumstances. Any investment decision should be based on examination of the Information Memorandum, Application Form and legal documentation which will include full Terms and Conditions of the investment, a more detailed description of the investment opportunity and the risks associated with it.